Direct-to-home (DTH) has completely changed the way of watching television at home. It is known to provide high definition picture quality with good sound effect. And, if we are talking about DTH service, we cannot forget about Tata Sky- one of the leading direct to home television service providers in India. This television service was incorporated in the 2004, as joint venture between 21st Century Fox and Tata Group. It is based on MPEG 4 digital compression technology that ensures sharp picture quality to the subscribers. Tata Sky Recharge has also brought changes in the recharging facility with advancement of technology and internet.
Currently, it is offering a total of 600 channels, out of which 96 are HD channels and 504 are SD channels. Along with this, there are many other active services which are a huge hit in the market.
With availability of several DTH service providers, it is really a tough job to choose the right option. Some aspects on which Tata Sky is considered better than other DTH providers includes:-
- This service provider allows its subscribers to watch one and record two or three other TV channel shows simultaneously.
- If we are talking about count of HD channels, then this tata DTH television service provider can beat any other service providers as it provides maximum of 89 HD channels, whereas other service providers have 60 to 80 HD channels.
- Series recording is one of the greatest features which are available with tata STB. This feature allows the subscribers of this DTH to set the recording of any favourite show and it will record all the upcoming episodes of that show automatically.
Awards and Accolades
From time to time, this DTH service provider has proved its commitment towards its subscribers. This commitment of quality and high quality picture has resulted in acquiring various awards. Some of the awards and accolades of this service provider are:
- In the year 2009–2010, it was awarded with Super brands Council awards in the category of ‘superbrands’
- ET Brand Equity award was also given in the year 2012.
- Again in the year 2012, ET Brand Equity award was conferred but in the category of Product of the Year.
- 2013 was another big year of Tata Sky, as it got Yahoo Big Idea Chair Award.
There are some outstanding attributes of this reliable direct-to-home service provider which makes it a viable option:-
- With ‘Pause Live TV’, one can easily pause the live TV and then resume from the same timing where it was paused. Isn’t it great!
- There is a feature of “video on demand” on the STB which is free of cost and can be played any time.
- Mobile app of this DTH service provider enables the subscribers to use their phones as a remote for TV.
A few years ago, people used to stand in queue of shops to get the recharge of DTH done. But, now with the help of PhonePe, Paytm, Mobikwik and other recharge portals instant and secure online recharging can be done.